One of the most frequent questions I am asked when I am out speaking or at book signings is, “What other books do you recommend?” Because there seems to be such a hunger for good books and worthwhile leadership material, I guess it can’t hurt for me to share a list of books that have had a big impact on my life. Today I would like to limit that list to the top leadership books I have read in the past few years. I hope you find them as helpful and inspiring as I did! (The toughest part about doing this was paring it down to a small enough list to be manageable. There is so much great material out there!) Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Lincoln on Leadership, Donald T. Phillips
2. Courage, Gus Lee
3. The World’s Most Powerful Leadership Principle, James C. Hunter
4. The Anatomy of Peace, The Arbinger Institute
5. Wooden on Leadership, John Wooden
6. The Next Generation Leader, Andy Stanley
7. It’s Your Ship, Captain D. Michael Abrashoff
8. The Speed of Trust, Stephen M. R. Covey
9. What Got You Here Won’t Get You There, Marshall Goldsmith
10. Leading With a Limp, Dan B. Allender
11. A Fish Out of Water, George Barna
12. The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, John C. Maxwell
This article was originally posted at https://chrisbrady.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/10/recommended-lea.html.
Thank you. Always looking for book recommendations from your and Orrin.